Attorneys Fred Trotta and Chelsey Manning recently conducted the webinar, “See You in Court” for 80 mental health care providers affiliated with SonderCenters, a niche coworking franchise concept for flexible medical space. The webinar focused on medical board hearings and walked attendees through the process of the prosecution of a case by the Connecticut Department of Public Health, reviewing:
• examples of third parties or sources that may issue a complaint;
• allegations that may trigger disciplinary action;
• what to expect in an investigation;
• the role of the Connecticut Medical Examining Board and the Board of Examiners for Nurses;
• possible resolutions, including settlements, consent orders, and mitigating factors; and
• potential disciplinary measures.
The webinar was done at the request of SonderCenters, following the successful conclusion of a trial handled by Fred, in which Chelsey prepped and guided a mental health professional through the process of testifying in court, HIPAA issues and privileges and medical record protection. Fred and Chelsey converted their guidance for one into a webinar for many.